Only five states currently have skilled nursing facilities with the training and capabilities to house HIV-positive patients.
* Connecticut: Leeway, New Haven, (800) 406-1048
* New Jersey: Broadway House for Continuing Care, Newark, (973) 268-9797
* New York: Fifteen long-term facilities and an additional 23 facilities throughout the state with the ability to admit up to 10 residents with HIV at any time, (518) 474-8162
* Texas: San Antonio AIDS Foundation, (210) 225-4715
* Washington: Bailey-Boushay House, Seattle, (206) 322-5300