HIV Plus, the brand dedicated to helping people with HIV lead their fullest life possible, invites readers to celebrate the New Year by living their healthiest life possible. The most trusted brand in HIV and AIDS news today has launched a free Treatment Guide mobile application providing an easy, user-friendly way for people to get information at the tips of their fingers. The new mobile Treatment Guide is currently available for free and downloadable on all mobile platforms through Google Play Store and iTunes.
“We’re thrilled to launch the Beta version of the HIV Plus Treatment Guide Mobile App, an extension of our annual treatment guide—the most comprehensive HIV treatment guide available, with breakdowns of every single medication approved by the FDA to treat HIV, AIDS, or HIV/AIDS-related conditions, as well as current drug trials, upcoming medication approvals, and the lowdown on complementary medicines,” said Diane Anderson-Minshall, editor in chief of HIV Plus magazine. “The mobile version offers things that our print and digital treatment guides couldn’t: a pharmacy finder and map at your fingertips, health tracking, and medication and appointment reminders. It’s got all the bells and whistles people in the U.S. and other developed nations expect in a mobile app, but it can also be accessed from anywhere the world, including resource-limited settings, where over 90 percent of the world's HIV-infected population resides.”
The free HIV Plus Treatment Guide mobile app offers the most comprehensive information on every FDA-approved medication for the treatment of HIV and HIV-related complications. The app allows users to easily set daily pill and appointment reminders, find an HIV specialist pharmacy nearby, and access articles from the trusted health editors of HIV Plus magazine. This app is simple, secure, and powered with essential HIV treatment information.
The comprehensive Treatment Guide mobile application includes:
• Medication Listings: Dozens of medications with photos for easy identification, dosage, side effects, precautions and interactions, and recommendations.
• Daily Pill Reminders: Set up the reminders along with photos and other info so you never forget your meds.
• Appointment Reminders: Never miss a doctor’s appointment again! You can set the reminders for both doctor and pharmacy visits as well as ADAP recertification.
• Tracking Viral Loads and CD4 Counts: You can see how your health is doing in graph form, so you stay on track month to month.
• Daily Dose: Constantly updating health articles from the editors of HIV Plus magazine
• Pharmacy Finder: The GPS-enabled app will help you find a Walgreens HIV-specialist pharmacy near you wherever you are in the U.S.
• A detailed list of current clinical trials.
• Descriptions of complementary or alternative medicine options and their effectiveness.
Download the new Treatment Guide now and celebrate the New Year with a healthy you! For more information on the HIV Plus Treatment Guide, please visit HIVPlusMag.com/TreatmentGuide.
About HIV Plus
HIV Plus is the country’s largest publication aimed at people with HIV and those who care about and for them. We reach more than a quarter million readers each month with print and digital magazines, our website, and through the HIV Plus Treatment Guide mobile app. We’re dedicated to offering empowering stories about people with HIV or AIDS, interviews with celebrity advocates, investigative articles on health disparities, and information and news on treatment, research, stigma, and more.
With a controlled circulation of 225,000 and 5.2 readers per issue, HIV Plus reaches more HIV-positive people than any other publication in the U.S. HIV Plus is distributed to top clinics, doctors, specialty pharmacies, and over 1,000 top ASOs in all 50 states. HIVPlusMag.com reaches more than half a million unique visitors each month.